Call for the Knowledge in Geosciences 2021
The Organizing Committee of the Mexican Petroleum Congress (CMP), with the purpose of promoting the participation of undergraduate students and motivating their coexistence, summons undergraduate students to the Geoscience Knowledge Contest, in accordance with the following
First. The contest will be by teams made up of three students, a geophysicist, a geologist (or two geoscientists) and an oil tanker, from the same institution.
Second.Only bachelor's level students who meet the requirement to be enrolled in a career mentioned above and be regular students with 75% progress and 8.0 average may participate.
Third. Each team must be made up of the three students and a responsible professor assigned to the institution they represent.
Quarter. The team representing each institution must register after the publication of this call and until Wednesday April 30, 2020. This period is UNWRITABLE.
Fifth. The registration form will be available on the CMP2020 website (http://www.congresomexicanodelpetroleo.com),in an express link for the contest.
Sixth. The professor responsible for each institution must send the following documentation by email to the coordinator of the contest (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that his team is duly registered:
- a. The registration form duly completed in electronic version and scanned with the signatures of the participants,
- b. A copy on both sides of each student's current credentials,
- c. Current copy of the academic record, which must contain the percentage of progress and global average, and
- d. A document proving that you are still a student.
Seventh. Only one team may be registered for each institution. In the event that the same institution has more than one team, it will be in charge of making the internal selection of a single team.
Eighth. Only the first eight teams that submit their complete documentation may participate. The final list will be published on the CMP2020 website and a study guide will be sent to each team.
Ninth. Contestants will be given a scholarship, which consists of ground transportation, registration to CMP2020 and accommodation during the event.
1.The contest will take place on Saturday, November 20th at 2:00 p.m. The schedule and room will be published together with the CMP2021 program
2. The contest will take place in two stages, the first individually for each discipline and the second in a group, thinking that there are institutions that do not have the three majors in their curriculum. For example, if an institution only has a geosciences degree, it may compete with two participants, one for each geophysical and geological discipline, respectively.
3. For the individual phase, this consists of two rounds, the first with four randomly selected questions from each discipline (geophysics, geology and oil) for the respective members of each team, the score is variable according to the degree of difficulty of the question (30 high, 20 medium and 10 low) for those who answered correctly and zero for those who answered poorly or did not answer. There is a decrease in points with respect to the response time. The second round is four questions, similar to the first round for all contestants, the score is also variable, in degree of difficulty and response time, but the difference with the previous round, here if the total of the points to the contestant who answers wrongly or does not answer. At the end of the second round, the teams with the highest scores will be the winners. In case of a tie in any position this will be resolved with another round of four questions.
4. For the group phase, it also consists of two rounds, the first with four randomly selected questions from any geoscience discipline for each team, with similar variables (variable, in degree of difficulty and response time) to the first. round of the individual phase. The second round of four questions will be asked to each team, if they decide not to answer or compete erroneously, the total number of points of the question will be subtracted and the next team will be able to answer it and thus steal the points. According to the degree of difficulty of the question, if the second team chooses not to answer, the points will not be subtracted, but if they do it wrongly, the points will be subtracted. At the end of the second round, the teams with the highest scores will be the winners. In case of a tie in any position this will be resolved with another round of four questions, similar to the individual phase.
5. By participating, the contestants express their agreement with the rules and the procedure of the contest of this call.
6. Any unforeseen will be the result of the organizing committee.
Doubts or Comments:
Dr. José Luis Bashbush Bauza
M.C. Fco. Rubén Rocha de la Vega